RetroArch is a front-end application built on libRetro that supports the use of popular emulators providing the convenience of playing several different systems without ever having to come out of the application. What is even more amazing about this program is the fact that it is supported on several platforms which include mobile operating systems like Android and iOS!!
If you’re wowed by that fact, hold on to your seat belts because not only does it support several emulators and operating systems, it has roll back netcode!!! While there is a lot to be excited about when it comes to game choice possibilities, some games still have issues with netplay and you may experience disconnects among other things.
Its overall support seems frequent which makes this a very promising application going forward.
- Linux (x86 and x86_64)
- Windows (32bit/64bit)
- Mac OSX (Intel)
- Playstation 3 (PS3 SDK)
- PlayStation Portable (PSP) [WIP]
- Xbox 1st Gen (XDK)
- Xbox 360 (XeXDK/Libxenon)
- Nintendo Switch
- Wii U
- Raspberry Pi
- Blackberry (10/Playbook)
Supported Netplay Emulators(As of ver 1.2.2):
Games and application tested on Win7 32bit OS
These titles are running at 100%(60fps) but we haven’t had the chance to test them online.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Snes9x) tested on ver. 1.2.2
- Weaponlord(Genesis Plus GX) tested on ver. 1.2.2
- Dragon Ball Z: Hyper Dimension(Snes9x) tested on ver 1.2.2
- Eternal Champions: Challenge From The Dark Side(Genesis Plus GX)tested on ver. 1.2.2